Boys Varsity Football
Reminder to High School football players, Spring Practice began today. Practice will continue 5/15, 5/20, 5/22, 5/28, 5/29. This is for the whole team.
The team will have spring practice with helmets on Monday’s and Wednesdays in May from 4 to 5:30 after the weight room. The dates are 5/13, 5/15, 5/20, 5/22, 5/28 (Tue), 5/29. This is for the full team!
Helmet sizing will occur 5/6, 5/8, and 5/9 at the weight room.
Most spring sports will be over at this time, so all players need to attend. This time will be spent preparing for several important items. Our goals during spring practice will be to:
1) install offense and defense plays,
2)install offense and defense schemes,
3)introduce safe tackling techniques,
4) prepare for the 7 on 7 competitions for the summer,
5) prepare for the Lineman Challenge.
Remember weight room points begin 5/20!!!
Athletic physical must be completed on the PIAA form. See school website for this form. You may also find this form on the football website under "Team Files".
Physicals completed by family doctors must be completed after June 1st. If needed the school offers two dates at the school nurses office. These dates will be June 11, and July 23rd from 1 to 4 pm. The cost is $20 and checks are to be made out to Dr. Timothy Weaver.
Every fall athlete must have a completed PIAA form completed before they can attend practice. Players may not miss practice as of August 5th at the High School Level. Middle School start of practice begins on a different date. Players will be notified by their coach concerning their start date.
Please See Calendar for printable calendar. (most recently updated on 5/13/19.
The Weight room is open Mon, Wed, and Thursday after school. All football players not involved in an active sport must attend the weight room 3 times a week. The weight room is always open, if you need alternative times contact the coach to make arrangements. The summer hours vary see calendar for details.
- Calendar Plans for 2019-Full Calendars will be listed on this website under "Calendar"
- Helmet Hand out 5/6, 5/8, 5/9 at weight room
- Spring Practice 5/13, 5/15, 5/20, 5/22, 5/28, 5/29 4 to 5:30pm
- College Information for college sports 5/21 6pm HS Cafe
- Meet The Coaches Night 5/30, 6pm HS Cafe (for those HS parents who missed March sign up meeting)
- Parent & Player Picnic 6/6, held at Millersville Pool, for players and families
- Lineman Challenge 6/8 8-3pm-permission form needed
- 6/11 School physical date available 1 to 4pm
- Summer Weight Room Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur hours available (Team Practice on Mondays 8 to 8:30 am on Safe Tackling)
- Team Work outs on Wednesday evenings 6 to 8pm
- Penn State Competition Day 6/15-more information to follow-permission form needed
- Wilson Work Out Day 6/20 8-5pm
- Millersville Camp 7/12-7/14 8-6pm, $25 per player
- School Physical date available 7/23, 1 to 4pm.
- Golf Tournament 7/26
- Equipment Hand Out to be confirmed but projected for 7/24, 7/25, 7/27
- Heat Acclimation and Mandatory Practice Begins 8/5 Mon-Fri from now until the end of October 2019.-See August Printable calendar.
How to Use This Website
If anyone would like information from 2018-2019 Season please contact Coach Brubaker at email@example.com or see "historical" tab.
This website is free so navigation may be limited. However we have made every attempt to make information available to all parents, players and fans. Please be sure you are in the current season and use the Fall, Football, Boys Varsity page for all information. The additional sections will only include the schedule. All information for the High School Team will be found under “Boys Varsity”.
Anyone may download photo albums and once loaded, will be reviewed prior to publishing.
Archive information will be made available under Team Files as the information is retrieved from the past website.
Sign up for Alerts:
From the Home page of the website, and click on "more"
Clink on "sign up for alerts"
Create a new fan account
Fill in information and "create account"
Go to Favorites-Add a school "Penn Manor", and Add a team "Football, Varsity, boys"
Go to Alerts-select both "schedule change" and "scores and Stats"
To to Alert Settings-add an alert: either email and or your mobile number
Follow on Twitter:
Penn Manor Athletics @ AD Comets
Comet Football @ pennmanorFBall
High School Football players need to turn in money for chicken BBQ tickets and unsold tickets this Thursday April 25th. (This is a new date from what was previously on the calendar. Everything must be turned by April 25th) Remember if you need to finish selling tickets, the single tickets are great to sell and put in the freezer to be eaten later. Our goal is to have all players sell 25 or more tickets and those players will receive their free football workout shirt. Money and any unsold tickets can be turned into Coach Brubaker at homeroom on Tuesday or Thursday or in my room 101.
Middle School football players can turn money in to the middle school secretary. All Middle School players will also receive a workout shirt for selling 25 tickets.
So please make this a priority so we don't have to call and track down your collected money or unsold tickets.
Flag Football will be held on April 28th, as we expect the rain to end. This is also the very last day to purchase BBQ tickets for Friday's Spring Fling Event.
The Final Spring Fling Set of Games will be for everyone and will be held May 3rd, Friday at Spring Fling. All games will be played at Comet Fields, weather permitting. Game times will be:
- Grades 2 and 3, report at 5:45, game will be 6 to 6:45
- Grades 4 and 5, report at 6:30, game will be 6:45 to 7:30
- Grades 6, 7, & 8, report at 7:15, game will be 7:30 to 8:15
Thank you to all who supported our Flag Football event. Our intent is to help the kids learn football, interact with high school players, and have fun. You may have noticed some changes this year to the format. We attempted to add a lineman position, and we also attempted to put all kids on the field at all times (as long at the teams had equal numbers.) When teams did not have even numbers it was up to the adult refs to help the coaches rotate kids in during each change of series. Flag Football is also an opportunity for our high school players to learn responsibility, work with the community, and learn how to work with younger athletes. Thank you.